Being off Facebook, I’ve been entirely oblivious to my friend Viraj’s famed middle-finger. I knew that he has been on Jeopardy and I knew that he’s had some pretty impressive win — the rock I live under isn’t that big — but I wasn’t aware that there was more to that. When I ran into Viraj this afternoon, he was pretty excited:
“Chip, I’m famous now!”
“What? Did you win that $100k?”
“I can’t say, but google my name!”
So I googled “Viraj” and saw this:
“Whoa, that’s huge! Did you do that intentionally?”
“No, I didn’t!”
“I don’t believe you. You must have done that on purpose.”
“CHIP. HAVE I EVER LIED TO YOU? I DIDN’T MEAN TO DO IT!”
I still didn’t believe that he didn’t do it on purpose. It totally seems like something Viraj would do, but what can I do? I’ll just have to take his words for it. So we talked about how he’s dealing with his new found fame.
“It’s awesome,” Viraj said. “People actually want to interview me.”
“Do you get a lot of new Twitter followers?”
“I’m not on Twitter, but I receive a lot of DMs on Facebook from people who think I’m hot.”
“Dang. Girls must be throwing themselves at you right now.”
“Ha ha not really. How is a message from a girl in Pennsylvania going to change my life in anyway?”
“What do your parents think about this flipping show?”
“They were there when it happened. They think it’s cool, but I’m going to call my mom now.”
“Real talk though. Did you win that 100k or nah?”
“You’ll have to watch the final to find out. It’s tonight and tomorrow, 7pm.” *wink*
“Are you excited?”
“I’m actually nervous. I might have said something I shouldn’t have said.”
So I guess you’ll have to watch the show. Also, some fun facts about Viraj Mehta for all the girls who are interested in him:
- He once had lunch with Oprah and spent a lot of time during that lunch smelling her.
- He interned at Google. (Bloody sell-out.)
- He drives a Jeep and he calls it Jeepraj.
- He’s an RA (resident assistant).
- He’s very serious about working out.
- He texts funny when he’s drunk.
- He once told a friend that he thought that I was buff. When I confronted Viraj about it, he said: “Yeah, you’re buff.”
- Middle finger is now his signature.
- He’s very single.
- People already turned him into a meme:
K bye. We have a Jeopardy game to catch!